Safety Is Paramount to Good Construction
We treat our employees and subcontractors like family. As such, their safety is more important to us than any other aspect of construction management. We foster a work environment that is inclusive and supportive so our team can do their best work. At Hardypond Construction, safety is about our people and also about our impact on the environment. We are committed to robust safety training protocols and our record speaks for itself:
- We hold the highest safety rating possible from our insurance agent.
- All employees are OSHA 10 Certified, with required renewal every 2 years.
- All employees are CPR/First Aid Certified, with required renewal every 2 years.
- Several employees have OSHA 30 Certification.
- We are an EPA Lead Safe Firm.
- Several employees hold RRP Lead Renovator Certifications.
- Several employees are certified in Erosion Control Practice by the Department of Environmental Protection.
We go to great lengths to ensure that everyone present at our worksites knows and practices occupational safety procedures at all times. Our Safety Coordinator, Site Superintendent, and field personnel work together to create site specific Job Hazard Analysis and Emergency Action Plans. On every project, we hold weekly Tool Box Talks: ongoing safety training for employees and subcontractors that is worksite specific. We also hold annual refresher training for all employees in:
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication
- Fire Protection
- Aerial Lift Training
- PPE & Lifesaving Equipment
- Silica Exposure and Dust Control Practices
- Ladder Safety
“We all think and talk about safety so much it becomes innate to the way our team moves through the site,” says Hardypond President Deirdre Wadsworth.
Our employees, subcontractors, and their families can rest easy knowing we take all possible precautions to ensure the well-being of everyone involved.